Supervises employment activities at the regional office location. Manages employee relations issues/questions in coordination with compensation, personnel records, and other employee relation functions. Supervises all employment representatives and recruiters daily activities within the regional office. Works directly with divisional operation group and staffing coordinator to determine turnaround staffing needs.
- Oversee day to day operations of employment process that includes: pre-employment medical, recruiting, safety training, employee onboarding processes
- Delivers planning and anticipates staffing requirements to TA Staffing Coordinator
- Assist in providing compensation department wage market surveys
- Oversee manpower onboarding statuses for processing employees using company software tools and delivers reports to Operations
- Special projects and others duties as assigned by company’s support group that may include: process improvement, system enhancements, training, reporting tools
- Assist in Deployment coordination within ER department
- Oversee the compliance of the employment process for division and all aspects of employment office in regards to company policies and procedures
- Oversees the regions staffing process for each turnaround while working directly with field operations, staffing coordinator, and senior management
- Ensures all office staff is properly trained to utilize company’s software tools, adhere to policies, and work practices with the ER groups
- Assists in the development and continued enhancement of the company’s resource sharing processes for operational functions
- Responsible for support personnel evaluations, training and development plans, and coordination of training. Manages the evaluation of staff performance and encourages staff development and training
- Meet with other ER supervisors and upper management on a regular basis to develop coordinated approaches to specific ER issues
- Instrumental in workforce planning by identifying business goals, department staffing needs, and labor market changes to determine future hiring needs
- Responsible for complying with current federal and state laws pertaining to fair employment practices to ensure department is abiding by laws that prohibit discrimination in processing, recruitment, training, development, promotion, and retention of employees
- Oversees the recruiting process of direct reports to ensure qualified candidates are selected for hire based
- Interfaces with Division Operational Managers and Supervisors on staffing requirements, problem solving, communication, and process improvement.
Essential Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities (Include any training, licenses and certifications):
- Commitment to Zachry values, practices, and policies
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Effective use of customer service and conflict resolution skills
- Effective use of communication and collaboration skills for working in a team or individually
- Ability to plan, make decisions, and manage priorities/tasks
- Technical skills with standard software applications such as Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint etc.
- 1-3 years minimum supervisory experience.
Valued but not required:
- Associated Degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school.
Reporting to this position:
- May have a team of 2-10 employees they are responsible for.
Physical demands and work environment:
Physical demands: May be required to lift, carry and move up to 50lbs.
Work environment: General office environment