CARROLLTON, GA 30117 - US
JOB DESCRIPTION *
Position Summary: Zachry is currently accepting applications for Industrial Electrical Journeyman for Plant Wansley in Carrollton, GA. This position will consist of but not limited to installation and maintaining electrical and power systems.
· Minimum of 3 years Industrial Journeyman Electrician Experience
· Must be able to read and interpret prints, drawings, schematics and plans
· Knowledge of Industrial Electrician hand tools, power tools and layout tools
· Must be able to meet all physical demands and pre-employment conditions
· Must have reliable transportation and be able to work 7 days a week as needed
· Must be able to work at heights and be able to climb ladders and stairways and work off of platforms.
· Examines blue prints, sketches, diagrams, building plans and specifications to determine locations of circuits, outlets, load centers, panel boards, wires, components and other equipment
· Inspects, examines, selects and gathers materials and tools to ensure proper operation
· Inspects all designated work areas for hazards and obstructions
· Install and maintain the wiring and control equipment through which electricity flows
· Install and maintain electrical equipment and machines
· Install and maintain wiring systems
· Install and connect wires to circuit breakers, transformers, outlets and/or other components and systems
· Maintain, fix, repair and upgrade existing electrical systems and components such as circuit breakers, fuses, switches, wire, motors, transformers, generators and tools.
· Adheres to state and local building/electrical codes
· Uses hand and power tools such as conduit benders, screwdrivers, pliers, knives, hacksaws, wire strippers, drills and saws
· Uses equipment to test connections and ensure capability such as ammeters, ohmmeters, voltmeters and harmonics testers
· Responsible for observing and complying with all safety and project rules.
· Leads Safety Task Assignment Meetings
· Follows direction from supervisor
· Performs other duties as required
Essential Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
· Organization and time management
· Active listener
· Good decision making abilities
· Able to troubleshoot and come up with solutions
· Ability to plan and execute
· Customer service oriented
· Ability to work with others – team player
· Good communication skills with co-workers and supervisors
· Commitment to Zachry values and safety rules and regulations
· Use basic mathematics to resolve problems.
Valued but not required skills and experience:
· Former Zachry employee
· Formal education/degree/certificate in construction, technical or trade school
· Basic computer competency
Physical demands and work environment:
· Physical demands: Employee will be required to adhere to large amounts of standing, walking, bending, squatting and lifting. Will talk and hear to communicate. Will use arms and hands to signal, grab, hold, turn, push, pull: objects, materials, controls and tools. May be required to lift, carry and move up to 25lbs. Will occasionally work at heights, climb ladders and stairways and work off of platforms. Will use vision abilities to focus, see short and long distances, colors, depth perception and peripheral vision. Will be required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) including but not limited to: hard hat, safety glasses/goggles, ear plugs/muffs, masks/respirators, safety vests, gloves and steel-toe boots.
· Work environment: Weather will range from warm to extremely hot and usually dry. Occasional cool days and rain. Noise levels will be moderate to high. Job site will contain light to heavy equipment vehicles, small to large equipment, materials, communication equipment and tools. People standing, walking, sitting, signaling and talking. Bells, whistles and alarms.