ZACHRY is currently seeking an experienced Industrial Journeyman Electrician for work in the Tampa, FL area.
Industrial Journeyman Electricians must HAVE EXPERIENCE WITH PULLING WIRE, CABLE TRAYS, TERMINATING, INSTALLING CABLES , CONDUIT AND HIGH VOLTAGE TERMS,etc for all phases of a Power Plant.
- Must have 4+ years experience as an Industrial Electrician Helper or above.
- Must posses all Knowledge Skills and Abilities for positions (see below).
- Must be able to meet all physical requirements.
- Must be able to work at heights in excess of 300 ft.
- Must have all required tools.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Read blueprints and specification to determine the scope of work: locations, quantities, and sizes of materials required.
- Identify all tools required for tasks.
- Identify safety risks and the precautions required to eliminate those risks.
- Cut, bend, and run conduit as specified on blue prints.
- Install, modify, and fabricate cable tray as necessary according specifications.
- Pull cable through specified pathways.
- Assemble and install electrical equipment.
- Terminate wires and cable to electrical equipment such as but not limited to breakers, control panels and distribution systems.
- Test electrical components for continuity and proper voltage readings according to specifications.
- Inspect electrical equipment and components to identify hazards and to ensure the equipment is in good operational condition.
- Setup and maintain temporary power systems.
- Install and maintain grounding systems for all equipment and structures.
- Hoist equipment and tools into location via bull rigging or crane.
- Must be able to read blue prints and schematics proficiently to perform duties.
- Must be able to demonstrate former knowledge and experience working on high voltage systems.
- Must have worked as an Industrial electrical helper or as an Industrial Electrician for a minimum of 4 years.
- Must know basic electrical theory for example but not limited to ohms law.
- Must be able to install and modify cable tray using hand tools and power tools.
- Must be able to bend and cut conduit using hand saws, hand tube bending equipment as well as power and hydraulic cutting and tube bending devices.
- Must be proficient in cable pulling methods use to run cable through specified pathways.
- Must be able to use specialized electrical tools such as but not limited to ohm meters, multi-meters, and terminating devices.
- Must be able to terminate both High and low voltage equipment and cable/wiring.
- Must have mechanical and electrical knowledge of components relative to a Combined Cycle Power Plant.
- Must be able to trouble shoot equipment and systems for electrical malfunctions.
- Must be able to identify different types, gauges, and color of cables and wires.
- Must be able to follow instructions correctly.
- Must be reliable, accountable, and consistent in performing administrative processes.
- Must be able to illustrate knowledge and experience of working with a lock out tag out system.
- Must be willing and able to follow all instructed safety regulations.
- Must be able to make it to work on time and work the designated schedule and any overtime as needed with the proper notification.
Preferred Additional Qualification
- Current Zachry or Zachry ROF’ed employee.
- Former experience working with Zachry Industrial, Inc.
- Licensed Journeyman Electrician.
- National Center for Construction Education and Research’s (NCCER) certification for Industrial Journeyman Electrician.
- This position does not have any direct reports; however the position will work closely with and oversee on occasion of helper and labor positions. The position will hold a positional and expertise authority of the helper and laborer positions.