ZACHRY is currently seeking to continue to build our pool of qualified E&I Superintendents for our Projects Construction Group. This posting is used to build a pool for current and future needs, but is not associated with one actual position. Your application and information will be kept and compared to current and future needs with in the construction group, so you should still apply to other opportunities as they may be for different group
Industrial Electrical Superintendent manages the electrical work and department employees on a given jobsite or with in a scope of a particular jobsite. In addition, the position might also manage instrumentation.
- Must have 4+ years’ experience as an Industrial Electrician
- Must have 6+ years in a supervisory role.
- Must illustrate all knowledge, skills, and abilities for positions (see below).
- Must be able to meet all physical requirements.
- Must be able to work at heights in excess of 300 ft.
- Must have all required tools.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Read blueprints and specification to determine the scope of work: locations, quantities, and sizes of materials required.
- Identify all tools required for tasks.
- Identify safety risks and the precautions required to eliminate those risks.
- Lead Safety meetings with department and/or supervisors
- Build work packages based on the schedule
- Manage and lead department personnel to schedule and budget
- Read schedule and provide inputs including progress
- Communication and coordinate with other department heads on resources.
- Must be able to read blue prints and schematics proficiently to perform duties.
- Must be able to read P6 Schedule, build work packages, and manage to schedule and packages.
- Must have leadership ability and qualities.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with employees, coworkers, and client.
- Must be able to demonstrate former knowledge and experience working on high voltage systems.
- Must have worked as an Industrial Electrician for a minimum of 4 years, and as a supervisor for at least 6 years.
- Must be able to keep records and report on the follow but not limited to: time, cost codes, equipment, personnel records, and operational updates.
- Must know basic electrical theory for example but not limited to ohms law.
- Must have mechanical and electrical knowledge of components relative to a Combined Cycle Power Plant.
- Must be reliable, accountable, and consistent in performing administrative processes.
- Must be able to illustrate knowledge and experience of working with a lock out tag out system.
- Must be willing and able to follow all instructed safety regulations.
- Current Zachry or Zachry ROF’ed employee.
- Licensed Journeyman Electrician.
- National Center for Construction Education and Research’s (NCCER) certification for Industrial Journeyman Electrician.
- Formal/technical education.
- This position will lead and manage a crew of journeyman and helpers. The crew size may vary, but the average span of control for this positions is between 8 to 12 workers.
- Employee will be required to adhere to large amounts of standing, walking, bending, squatting and lifting.
- Will talk and hear to communicate.
- Will use arms and hands to signal, grab, hold, turn, push, and pull: objects, materials, controls and tools.
- May be required to lift, carry and move up to 50lbs.
- Will work at heights, climb ladders and stairways, work off of platforms and man lifts, and may occasionally work out on an open structure using the appropriate fall protection requirements.
- Must be able to see full range of colors.
- Must be able to use fingers in precise coordinated movements.
- Will be required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) including but not limited to: hard hat, safety glasses/goggles, ear plugs/muffs, masks/respirators, safety vests, gloves and leather work boots.
ZACHRY is dedicated in providing a Safe and Drug Free work environment; and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.