MARYLAND HEIGHTS, MO 63146 - US
COMPANY NAME: Ambitech A Zachry Group Company
JOB TITLE: E&I Department Manager
DEPARTMENT: Instrumentation & Controls
LOCATION: St. Louis, Missouri
POSITION SUMMARY: We are currently looking for a strong E&I Department Manager to manage our talented Electrical and Instrumentation Department in St. Louis Missouri. This is a great opportunity to influence and put your stamp on a department in a positive way.
• Manage a group of approximately 10 people with a variety of skill sets in the E,I & C areas.
o Each individual in the group will specialize in a specific area such as power (high, medium and low voltage), instrumentation (specifying instruments and control system hardware, developing loop diagrams, etc..) and / or controls (developing systems architectures, programming PLCs or DCS, developing HMI screens, etc...).
• The manager is a working manager position therefore he / she should possess a specific skill set within the E, I & C area and be capable of leading teams of people for a project.
• On a day to day basis the manager will plan the work of his / her department, verify work is being completed in a manner that meets the needs of the projects within assigned schedules and budgets, communicate needs of his department to other discipline engineers or managers, and monitor the quality of the work being done by his / her staff.
• The manager must be capable of eliminating any road blocks that prevents his / her staff from executing quality work with the prescribed schedule and budget.
• The manager will also be responsible to support the professional development of his staff by working within the Talent Management System to establish and monitor a professional development plan for everyone in the department.
• Good interviewing skills will be important as the group grows in size or when there is a need to hire additional engineers / designers.
o The manager should be capable of assessing interviewees skills and determining if they are good fit within his / her group as well as our organization.
• Bacherlor’s degree in Electrical Engineer
• PE is required
• Key Skill Sets
• Good technical skills
• Good management and leadership skills
• Good communication skills
• Good presentation skills.
• Manager may be asked to support presentations to existing or potential clients.
• Good problem solving skills
Employee will be required to communicate in person, via telephone, email, video chat and software systems. Position may include visits to construction sites and industrial facilities requiring mobility (on ground and at heights) and the use of personal protective equipment (PPE) including but not limited to: hardhat, safety glasses/goggles, ear plugs/muffs, masks/respirators, safety vests, gloves and work boots.
Employee will work in multiple environments including an office, warehouse and in a trailer or building on construction sites. On construction sites, noise levels will be moderate to high. Job sites may contain the following: light to heavy equipment vehicles, small to large equipment, materials, communication equipment and tools, people standing, walking, sitting, signaling, and talking. Noise levels vary and may include bells, whistles, and alarms.
The above description covers the fundamental responsibilities of the E&I Departmet Manager position. It shall not be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or similar duties which may be required from day-to-day.
Zachry Group is America's pacesetter in turnkey construction, engineering, maintenance, turnaround and fabrication services in the power, energy, chemicals, manufacturing and industrial sectors. It works with customers to plan, build, and renew their most critical facilities, so they can achieve their immediate and long-term goals, all at the highest safety standards. Zachry Group operates 35 offices, with more than 20,000 employees working in more than 400 locations nationwide. Please visit www.zachrygroup.com for more information.
Opportunity for Growth
ZACHRY GROUP is dedicated to providing a Safe and Drug Free work environment; and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.