Zachry Group has an exciting opportunity for Mechanical/Piping Drafters to work in our Denver Engineering Design Center. We are seeking Mechanical/Piping Drafters, primarily with fossil power plant design experience, but other industry experience, oil & gas, chemical, food & beverage will be considered.
- Provide mechanical construction drawings. This will include plans, sections, details, isometrics, p&id’s, sketches or any other drawing the project requires
- Draw simple or complex 3D mechanical models from sketches or specifications
- Provide drawings that adhere to industry standard and Zachry drafting principles
- Provide pipe support design assistance and create pipe support drawings
- Communicate with engineers and other resources to resolve design issues
- Assure the company quality assurance procedures are followed
- 2D and 3D piping design tools experience – Bentley CAD products primary. Autodesk products secondary
- Associate degree in drafting/design or equivalent job related experience
- Knowledge of all piping systems and components project required
- Knowledge of above ground and underground piping systems
- Equipment 3D modeling
- Intelligent P&ID creation or revisions
- Pipe support design or drafting knowledge a plus
- Design for safe construction and plant operations
The above description covers the fundamental responsibilities of a Mechanical/Piping Drafter position. It shall not be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or similar duties which may be required from day to day.
Zachry is dedicated to providing a SAFE and Drug Free work environment; and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.