DOWNERS GROVE, IL 60515 - US
COMPANY NAME: Ambitech A Zachry Group Company
JOB TITLE: CSA Drafter (Drafter I C/S)
LOCATION: Downers Grove, Illinois
POSITION SUMMARY: Currently looking for a talented individual to take on the duties of a Drafter using CAD software (2D/3D) in the Civil/Structural/Architectural Department. This is a great opportunity to learn and work as part of a team on interesting and challenging design and construction projects to produce construction documents for various clients and industries. Individual will mainly be working in an office environment, but may also include visits as part of a team to construction sites and industrial facilities. This posting is an evergreen posting designed to build a pool of qualified, interested applicants who would like to connect with Ambitech for future opportunities. It does not reflect our current needs. This posting is an evergreen posting designed to build a pool of qualified, interested applicants who would like to connect with Ambitech for future opportunities. It does not reflect our current needs.
• Perform as an experienced professional in support of a Lead Designer, Engineer and/or Group Supervisor.
• Develop detailed design documents (civil, concrete, structural steel, architectural, etc.) to be used in construction packages using CAD software (2D and 3D) under the direction of Lead Designer, Engineer and/or Group Supervisor in the department.
• Able to work in conjunction with others in the department and with other disciplines as required that would relate to the project.
• Be able to adhere to the CAD standards and design standards as required per client and/or project.
• Willingness to learn and work on a variety of tasks.
• Willingness to travel to field (client sites) as part of a team.
• High school, Associate or Technical Degree.
• Be able to understand basic drawing creation and drafting.
• Working knowledge of CAD software (such as: AutoCAD, CadWORX, Plant3D, Revit, Microstation, Revit, Sketchup or others).
• Knowledge of office type software (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, email software).
• 3D CAD software working knowledge is a plus.
• Industry related experience a plus.
• Must be organized, self-directed, able to prioritize and multi-task, work in a team environment and take direction from others.
• Willingness to learn and work on a variety of tasks within multiple industries.
• Willingness to travel and work in office and field environments.
Employee will be required to communicate in person, via telephone, email, video chat and software systems. Position may include visits to construction sites and industrial facilities requiring mobility (on ground and at heights) and the use of personal protective equipment (PPE) including but not limited to: hardhat, safety glasses/goggles, ear plugs/muffs, masks/respirators, safety vests, gloves and work boots.
Employee will work in multiple environments including an office, warehouse and in a trailer or building on construction sites. On construction sites, noise levels will be moderate to high. Job sites may contain the following: light to heavy equipment vehicles, small to large equipment, materials, communication equipment and tools, people standing, walking, sitting, signaling, and talking. Noise levels vary and may include bells, whistles, and alarms.
The above description covers the fundamental responsibilities of the CSA Drafter position. It shall not be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or similar duties which may be required from day-to-day.
Disclaimer – used to point out that the job description does not include every job duty or responsibility that the employee may be asked to perform at some point in time.
Zachry Group is America's pacesetter in turnkey construction, engineering, maintenance, turnaround and fabrication services in the power, energy, chemicals, manufacturing and industrial sectors. It works with customers to plan, build, and renew their most critical facilities, so they can achieve their immediate and long-term goals, all at the highest safety standards. Zachry Group operates 35 offices, with more than 20,000 employees working in more than 400 locations nationwide. Please visit www.zachrygroup.com for more information.
Opportunity for Growth
ZACHRY GROUP is dedicated to providing a Safe and Drug Free work environment; and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.