Zachry Group has an exciting opportunity for experienced Piping Designers to work in our Denver Engineering Design Center. We are seeking Piping Designers, primarily with fossil power plant design experience, but other industry related experience, oil & gas, chemical, food & beverage will be considered.
- Plan, design, and develop mechanical construction drawings
- Draw complex 3D mechanical models from sketches or specifications
- Read and understand drawings that adhere to basic drafting principles
- Check drawings for accuracy and project specification compliance
- Review manufacturer’s drawings and other discipline drawings for physical interferences
- Communicate with engineers and other disciplines to resolve design issues
- Advise and assist drafting personal in performance of their assigned duties
- Assure the company quality assurance procedures are followed
- 2D and 3D piping design tools experience – Bentley CAD products primary. Autodesk products secondary
- Associate degree in drafting/design or equivalent job related experience
- Lead a team of piping designers
- Design of high-energy piping systems as well as all other systems, project required
- Plan and layout of above ground and underground piping systems
- Layout equipment for best optimization
- Pipe support design or drafting knowledge a plus
- Design for safe construction and plant operations
- Verify quality of piping models and deliverables
- Address client and construction requests, both in the office and on-site
The above description covers the fundamental responsibilities of the Piping Designer position. It shall not be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or similar duties which may be required from day to day.
Zachry is dedicated to providing a SAFE and Drug Free work environment; and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.