DOWNERS GROVE, IL 60515 - US
COMPANY NAME: Ambitech a Zachry Group Company
JOB TITLE: Piping Designer
DEPARTMENT: Piping Department
LOCATION: Downers Grove, Illinois
POSITION SUMMARY: We are currently looking for an ambitious Piping Designer to join our talented Piping Department in Downers Grove, Illinois. This is a great opportunity to get involved with exciting and challenging projects with long lasting customers. This posting is an evergreen posting designed to build a pool of qualified, interested applicants who would like to connect with Ambitech for future opportunities. It does not reflect our current needs.
• Complete Piping Design and Layouts in accordance with Industry Practices using 2D & 3D Software.
• Prepare construction documents which includes General Arrangements, Piping Isometrics, & Piping Plans.
• Initiate conceptual physical design requirements in coordination with appropriate responsible supervisors and engineers.
• Prepare material takeoffs of partial or complete projects.
• Check and verify the discipline design on projects.
• Prepare design sketches for use by drafting personnel.
• Check vendor shop drawings and construction drawings.
• Perform all other duties as assigned.
• Minimum of 5 - 20 years of experience and knowledge in the design requirements for respective discipline as they apply to petrochemical, pharmaceutical or power plant construction projects.
• Strong Piping Design skills in accordance with Industry standards and codes.
• Proficiency in AutoCAD, PDMS/E3D, MS Office, Navisworks.
• Commitment to quality, responsibility, high work standards and initiatives.
• Comply and understand Ambitech’s culture and philosophies including all business objectives and goals.
• Ability to direct and control the complete operation of a project, guided by precedent and within the limits of established policies.
• Appropriate use of confidential information, which if disclosed, may be detrimental to the company’s interests.
• Position requires a “Whatever It Takes” attitude and commitment.
• Ability to clearly communicate information and ideas verbally and in writing.
Employee will be required to communicate in person, via telephone, email, video chat and software systems. Position may include visits to construction sites and industrial facilities requiring mobility (on ground and at heights) and the use of personal protective equipment (PPE) including but not limited to: hardhat, safety glasses/goggles, ear plugs/muffs, masks/respirators, safety vests, gloves and work boots.
Employee will work in multiple environments including an office, warehouse and in a trailer or building on construction sites. On construction sites, noise levels will be moderate to high. Job sites may contain the following: light to heavy equipment vehicles, small to large equipment, materials, communication equipment and tools, people standing, walking, sitting, signaling, and talking. Noise levels vary and may include bells, whistles, and alarms.
The above description covers the fundamental responsibilities of the Piping Designer. It shall not be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or similar duties which may be required from day-to-day.
Zachry Group is America's pacesetter in turnkey construction, engineering, maintenance, turnaround and fabrication services in the power, energy, chemicals, manufacturing and industrial sectors. It works with customers to plan, build, and renew their most critical facilities, so they can achieve their immediate and long-term goals, all at the highest safety standards. Zachry Group operates 35 offices, with more than 20,000 employees working in more than 400 locations nationwide. Please visit www.zachrygroup.com for more information.
Opportunity for Growth
ZACHRY GROUP is dedicated to providing a Safe and Drug Free work environment; and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.