CHAMPAIGN, IL 61821 - US
COMPANY NAME: Ambitech A Zachry Group Company
JOB TITLE: Sr. Mechanical Designer (Designer II Mechanical)
DEPARTMENT: Mechanical Department
LOCATION: Champaign, Illinois
POSITION SUMMARY: We are currently looking for an ambitious Sr. Mechanical Designer to join our talented Piping Department in Tulsa, Oklahoma. This is a great opportunity to get involved in some interesting and challenging design projects.
• Produce working drawings, detail drawings and bills of materials for equipment, subassemblies or product using Auto CAD and Inventor.
• Prepare construction documents which includes General Arrangements and Fabrication drawings.
• Initiate conceptual physical design requirements in coordination with appropriate responsible supervisors and engineers.
• Prepare “As Built” drawings on complete projects.
• Check and verify the discipline design on projects.
• Check vendor shop drawings and construction drawings.
• Perform all other duties as assigned.
• Previous experience in the food and beverage industry
• Previous experience using 2D AutoCAD to develop GA and IFC drawings
• Minimum 5-10 years of experience as a drafter/designer
• Analyze designs and systems for compliance to applicable standards (i.e. OSHA, CE or customer specific)
• Previous experience using Inventor to develop 3D models
• Commitment to quality, responsibility, high work standards, and initiatives.
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing, as well as strong interpersonal skills.
• Ability to independently organize and prioritize work assignments and coordinate a variety of tasks, with good attention to detail and ability to deal with conflicting priorities and deadlines.
• Understanding and acceptance of company policies and procedures, including all business objectives and goals.
Employee will be required to communicate in person, via telephone, email, video chat and software systems. Position may include visits to construction sites and industrial facilities requiring mobility (on ground and at heights) and the use of personal protective equipment (PPE) including but not limited to: hardhat, safety glasses/goggles, ear plugs/muffs, masks/respirators, safety vests, gloves and work boots.
Employee will work in multiple environments including an office, warehouse and in a trailer or building on construction sites. On construction sites, noise levels will be moderate to high. Job sites may contain the following: light to heavy equipment vehicles, small to large equipment, materials, communication equipment and tools, people standing, walking, sitting, signaling, and talking. Noise levels vary and may include bells, whistles, and alarms.
The above description covers the fundamental responsibilities of the Sr. Mechanical Designer. It shall not be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or similar duties which may be required from day-to-day.
Zachry Group is America's pacesetter in turnkey construction, engineering, maintenance, turnaround and fabrication services in the power, energy, chemicals, manufacturing and industrial sectors. It works with customers to plan, build, and renew their most critical facilities, so they can achieve their immediate and long-term goals, all at the highest safety standards. Zachry Group operates 35 offices, with more than 20,000 employees working in more than 400 locations nationwide. Please visit www.zachrygroup.com for more information.
Opportunity for Growth
ZACHRY GROUP is dedicated to providing a Safe and Drug Free work environment; and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.