DOWNERS GROVE, IL 60515 - US
COMPANY NAME: Ambitech a Zachry Group Companhy
JOB TITLE: Design Engineer II Process
DEPARTMENT: Process Department
LOCATION: Downes Grove, Illinois
POSITION SUMMARY: We are currently looking for a talented Process Engineer II Process to join our talented Process Department in Downers Grove, Illinois. This is a great opportunity to get involved with exciting and challenging projects with long lasting customers.
• Serves as technical expert within the department and will lead the process design efforts on a variety of food industry projects. Excellent communications skills required to interface with client representatives and ensure their input to the design is addressed. The position will serve as the lead process engineer for multiple projects and coordinate the development of all process deliverables including but not limited to; P&IDs, PFDs and Heat and Material Balances.
• Knowledgeable about Food and Beverage industry.
• Support Client in planning, organizing and controlling projects; including monitoring scope, schedule, quality and budget and directing technical aspects of the project.
• Responsible for defining the work scope for construction contractors and preparing schedules and budgets.
• Capable to interface with the client and client's staff to direct and manage project scoping activities.
• Experienced in managing engineering services and engineering services firms.
• Develop project budgets and prepare documents for funding request
• Review drawings for consistency.
• Take notes in the meetings and write minutes of meetings as required.
• Responsible for communicating documents, data and information to all project members on a timely manner.
• Identify and define scope changes in a timely manner; develop Engineering Change Notices.
• Prepare progress reports.
• Maintain project filing.
• Update, inform and clarify potential problems and project needs
• Plans and conducts work requiring judgment in the independent evaluation, selection, and substantial adaptation and modification of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria.
• Devises new approaches to problems encountered, receives technical guidance on unusual or complex problems and supervisory approval on proposed plans for projects.
• Assigned specific projects to complete, working as a fully competent engineer in all conventional aspects of the subject matter or the functional area of the assignment.
• Independently performs the assignment with instructions as to the general results expected.
• Employee is responsible for following project responsibilities as defined for the assigned project position.
• May supervise engineers and technicians on assigned work.
• Directs technical services personnel in the proper execution of drawings for controls systems to which assigned.
• Receives instructions on specific assignment objectives, complex features and possible solutions.
• Assists technical service personnel in proper execution of drawings.
• Examines drawings for completeness, detail and accuracy as a peer reviewer.
• Checks manufacturers’ prints and coordinates between these and Zachry Engineering corporation drawings.
• Maintains a thorough, current knowledge of new and innovative techniques in the process engineering field.
• May serve as a representative of Zachry Engineering Corporation when participating in check out, start up, and tests of new or retrofitted mechanical systems under supervision of the field engineering staff or assigned supervisor.
• Practical knowledge of routine and precedent design and working knowledge of basic engineering principles for application in solving problems.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Process Engineering
• 15+ years in F&B engineering role / experience with minimum 5 years field / plant assignment desirable
• Licensed Professional Engineer is required
• Ability to read and mark-up P&ID's
• Proficiency in Excel and Microsoft Project is a must
• Proficiency in Access is preferred.
• Some proficiency in AutoCAD/ MicroStation is preferred
• Complex Problem Solving (STEM)
• Critical Thinking
• Attention to Detail
• Problem Sensitivity
• Judgment and Decision Making
• Proficient with Process Engineering Computer Software
• Strong desire to learn
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Capable of getting up to speed quickly and work effectively in a engineering team environment.
• Ability to independently organize and prioritize work assignments
• Good understanding of the tasks for construction and overall project execution
• Enthusiastic Attitude
• Detail oriented
• Comprehensive understanding of company policies, procedures and financial obligations that would apply to projects.
• Competent with standard server software applications such as e mail, spreadsheet, word processing, database, etc.
Employee will be required to communicate in person, via telephone, email, video chat and software systems. Position may include visits to construction sites and industrial facilities requiring mobility (on ground and at heights) and the use of personal protective equipment (PPE) including but not limited to: hardhat, safety glasses/goggles, ear plugs/muffs, masks/respirators, safety vests, gloves and work boots.
Employee will work in multiple environments including an office, warehouse and in a trailer or building on construction sites. On construction sites, noise levels will be moderate to high. Job sites may contain the following: light to heavy equipment vehicles, small to large equipment, materials, communication equipment and tools, people standing, walking, sitting, signaling, and talking. Noise levels vary and may include bells, whistles, and alarms.
The above description covers the fundamental responsibilities of the Design Engineer II Process position. It shall not be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or similar duties which may be required from day-to-day.
Zachry Group is America's pacesetter in turnkey construction, engineering, maintenance, turnaround and fabrication services in the power, energy, chemicals, manufacturing and industrial sectors. It works with customers to plan, build, and renew their most critical facilities, so they can achieve their immediate and long-term goals, all at the highest safety standards. Zachry Group operates 35 offices, with more than 20,000 employees working in more than 400 locations nationwide. Please visit www.zachrygroup.com for more information.
Opportunity for Growth
ZACHRY GROUP is dedicated to providing a Safe and Drug Free work environment; and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.