MARYLAND HEIGHTS, MO 63146 - US
COMPANY NAME: Ambitech a Zachry Group Companhy
JOB TITLE: Process Engineer (Design Engineer I Process)
DEPARTMENT: Process Department
LOCATION: Saint Louis, Missouri
POSITION SUMMARY: We are currently looking for a talented Process Engineer to join our high performing team in Saint Louis, Missouri. This is a great opportunity to get involved with interesting, challenging projects for long-standing clients.
• Assigned specific projects to complete, working as a fully competent engineer in all conventional aspects of the subject matter or the functional area of the assignment.
• The Design Engineer will be knowledgeable about a variety of industries and process equipment, serve as a technical expert within the department, and lead and coordinate process design efforts for projects.
• The Lead Design Engineer will coordinate the development of all process deliverables including but not limited to P&IDs, PFDs, Heat and Material Balances, Process Specifications, Design Basis, and Process Data.
• Excellent communications skills and attention to detail are required to interface with client representatives and ensure their input to the design is addressed.
• Support Client in planning, organizing and controlling projects; including monitoring scope, schedule, quality and budget and directing technical aspects of the project.
• Develop project budgets and prepare documents for funding request
• Review drawings for consistency.
• Take notes in the meetings and write minutes of meetings as required.
• Responsible for communicating via documents, data forms, reports, and other means to all project members on a timely manner.
• Identify and define scope changes and document Engineering Change Notices in a timely manner.
• Prepare progress reports to update, inform and clarify potential problems and project needs
• Maintain project filing.
• Devises new approaches to problems encountered, receives technical guidance on unusual or complex problems, and obtains supervisory approval on proposed plans for projects.
• Independently performs the assignment with instructions as to the general results expected.
• Employee is responsible for following project responsibilities as defined for the assigned project position.
• May supervise engineers and technicians on assigned work, including directing technical services personnel in the proper execution of drawings for controls systems to which they are assigned.
• Examines drawings for completeness, detail and accuracy as a peer reviewer.
• Checks manufacturers’ prints and coordinates information between these and company developed drawings.
• Maintains a thorough, current knowledge of new and innovative techniques in the subject field of expertise.
• May serve as a representative of Zachry Engineering Corporation when participating in check out, start up, and tests of new or retrofitted mechanical systems under supervision of the field engineering staff or assigned supervisor.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering (BSChE) preferred, or Mechanical Engineering (BSME) with applicable industrial process experience.
• 7 to 10 years in engineering with notable field engineering or on-site plant assignment experience.
• Licensed Professional Engeer.
• Proficiency in essential engineering software.
• Availability for short-term field assignments involving travel to sites and work in industrial facilities.
• Master’s Degree in Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related field.
• Licensed Proffesional Engineer is a desired or at minimum will be on the path toward licensing.
• Highly motivated with attention to detail, critical thinking skills, and adroit judgment and decision making.
• Problem sensitivity, detecting risks, ordering and prioritizing information, and skillful communication.
Employee will be required to communicate in person, via telephone, email, video chat and software systems. Position may include visits to construction sites and industrial facilities requiring mobility (on ground and at heights) and the use of personal protective equipment (PPE) including but not limited to: hardhat, safety glasses/goggles, ear plugs/muffs, masks/respirators, safety vests, gloves and work boots.
Employee will work in multiple environments including an office, warehouse and in a trailer or building on construction sites. On construction sites, noise levels will be moderate to high. Job sites may contain the following: light to heavy equipment vehicles, small to large equipment, materials, communication equipment and tools, people standing, walking, sitting, signaling, and talking. Noise levels vary and may include bells, whistles, and alarms.
The above description covers the fundamental responsibilities of the Design Engineer II Process position. It shall not be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or similar duties which may be required from day-to-day.
Zachry Group is America's pacesetter in turnkey construction, engineering, maintenance, turnaround and fabrication services in the power, energy, chemicals, manufacturing and industrial sectors. It works with customers to plan, build, and renew their most critical facilities, so they can achieve their immediate and long-term goals, all at the highest safety standards. Zachry Group operates 35 offices, with more than 20,000 employees working in more than 400 locations nationwide. Please visit www.zachrygroup.com for more information.
Opportunity for Growth
ZACHRY GROUP is dedicated to providing a Safe and Drug Free work environment; and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.