MARYLAND HEIGHTS, MO 63146 - US
COMPANY NAME: Ambitech a Zachry Group Company
JOB TITLE: Mechanical Engineer (Design Engineer I Mechanical)
DEPARTMENT: Mechanical Department
LOCATION: St. Louis, Missouri
POSITION SUMMARY: We are currently looking for an ambitious Mechanical Engineer to join our Mechanical Engineering Department in St.Louis, Missouri. This is a mid-level Mechanical Engineering position and will be supervised by senior engineers to promote personal growth and knowledge while serving our customers. Project sectors served include petrochemical, refining, seed handling, pharmaceutical, and food.
• Perform calculations in the field of heat/mass balance, heat transfer, and fluid dynamics.
• Meet with customers to understand project needs and develop service proposals.
• Specify, review vendor bids, and perform vendor document review for various types of equipment such as pumps, compressors, heat exchangers, pressure vessels, and tanks.
• Develop, review, and maintain project P&ID’s.
• Participate in plant and system layout and elevation studies.
• Select piping specification systems.
• Perform field surveys to collect required field data and assist with interpretation of engineering drawings and specifications in the field.
• Work with piping designers to optimize pipe routing on hot lines.
• Perform material selection evaluations specific to fluid properties, design life, and design corrosion allowance.
• Prepare Mechanical Equipment, Tie-in, and Pipeline Schedules.
• Attend client, vendor, and internal team meetings and milestone project reviews.
• Perform site or shop related project inspections.
• 2 to 8 years of experience in the Process Plant, Petroleum Refining, and / or Petrochemical sector.
• PE not required, but current application and pursuit is highly encouraged.
• BSME and EIT
• Must have exposure to heat exchangers, pumps, ASME pressure vessels, and material selection.
• Exposure to the specification of fixed and rotating equipment is required.
• Strong communication skills required to provide effective inter-discipline, client, vendor, and construction coordination on projects.
• Availability for field assignments involving travel to sites involving work in industrial facilities.
• Highly motivated with ability to work in an interactive and open team environment.
• Self-starter with initiative and ability to complete engineering deliverables and tasks with minimal supervision.
• Strong attention to detail and ability to prepare design calculations, technical documents, and drawings.
• High level understanding of ASME B31.1/B31.3 and Section I and VIII PVC.
• Strong attention to detail and capable to perform detailed technical evaluations and drawing checking.
• Must be organized, self-directed, able to prioritize and multi-task, work in a team environment and take direction from others.
• Willingness to learn and work on a variety of tasks within multiple industries.
• Willingness to travel and work in office and field environments.
Employee will be required to communicate in person, via telephone, email, video chat and software systems. Position may include visits to construction sites and industrial facilities requiring mobility (on ground and at heights) and the use of personal protective equipment (PPE) including but not limited to: hardhat, safety glasses/goggles, ear plugs/muffs, masks/respirators, safety vests, gloves and work boots.
Employee will work primarily in an office. On occasion, visit to operating plants and construction sites will be required with noise levels moderate to high. Job sites may contain the following: light to heavy equipment vehicles, small to large equipment, materials, communication equipment and tools, people standing, walking, sitting, signaling, and talking. Noise levels vary and may include bells, whistles, and alarms.
The above description covers the fundamental responsibilities of Mechanical Engineer. It shall not be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or similar duties which may be required from day-to-day.
Zachry Group is America's pacesetter in turnkey construction, engineering, maintenance, turnaround and fabrication services in the power, energy, chemicals, manufacturing and industrial sectors. It works with customers to plan, build, and renew their most critical facilities, so they can achieve their immediate and long-term goals, all at the highest safety standards. Zachry Group operates 35 offices, with more than 20,000 employees working in more than 400 locations nationwide. Please visit www.zachrygroup.com for more information.
Opportunity for Growth
ZACHRY GROUP is dedicated to providing a Safe and Drug Free work environment; and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.