ZACHRY is currently accepting applications for Combo Welder
*NOTICE* This is an open EVERGREEN to accept applications. We currently are only accepting applications at Chevron Pascagoula Refinery. Applications submitted to this evergreen are for company wide overview.
Major Roles and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Combination Pipe welder required to have Zachry site specific welding certification.
- Will weld on stainless and carbon steel.
- Will lay out, position, align, cut, assemble and fit metal components together in various body positions and in various places.
- Bolts, clamps and tack welds parts to secure in position for welding.
- Must be able to observe and recognize problems during the welding process in order to adjust speed, voltage, amperage, or feed of the rod.
- Must be able to read and interpret prints and plans.
- Required to have all structural welding and layout tools.
- Must be able to meet all physical demands and pre-employment conditions.
- Must be able to work at heights and be able to climb ladders and stairways and work off of platforms.
- Must have reliable transportation and be able to work 7 days a week as needed.
- Minimum of 4-5 years’ experience required.
- Required to adhere to all safety rules and regulations. .
- REQUIRED TO WEAR STEEL TOE-LACE UP-LEATHER BOOTS.
- MUST PASS PRE-EMPLOYMENT PHYSICAL & DRUG SCREEN.
- MUST PASS SITE ORIENTATION, CHEVRON ORIENTATION, & SAFETY COUNCIL.
Must be able to pass the following welding test:
TEST #1: Carbon Steel 2" - ER70S-2 (Tig) Root/Hot, E7018 Fill/Cap (WPQR HBZ-207).
TEST #2: Carbon Steel 2" - ER70S-2 (Tig) Root/Fill/Cap (WPQR HBZ-600)
- Zachry ROF’ed employee.
- Former Zachry Employee.
- Formal/technical education
- Employee will be required to adhere to large amounts of standing, walking, bending, squatting and lifting.
- Will talk and hear to communicate.
- Must have good dexterity with hands and fingers to perform the precision adjustments of machinery parts and controls.
- Will use arms and hands to signal, grab, hold, turn, push, and pull: objects, materials, controls and tools.
- May be required to lift, carry and move up to 50lbs.
- Will work at heights, climb ladders and stairways and work off of platforms. Will work at heights up to 300’ utilizing proper fall protection.
- Will use vision abilities to focus, see short and long distances, colors, depth perception and peripheral vision.
- Must be capable of working outside in the elements including but not limited to the heat, cold, rain, snow and wind; and must be able to work for long period of times up to 12 hours a day.
- Will be required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) including but not limited to: hard hat, safety glasses/goggles, ear plugs/muffs, masks/respirators, safety vests, gloves and steel toe boots.
ZACHRY is dedicated in providing a Safe and Drug Free work environment; and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.