BEAUMONT, TX 77704 - US
ZACHRY is currently seeking an experienced Industrial Carpenter.
Provides maintenance services, installs and repairs in reference to any carpentry work that needs to be done with regards to maintenance in industrial plant in order to keep them in good working order.
• Constructs, erects, installs, and repairs structures and fixtures of wood, plywood using hand tools and power tools.
• Studies blueprints, sketches or plans for requirement of the material to be fabricated.
• Marks the measurements on the material to be cut and cuts by using tools.
• Verifies trueness of the structure.
• Erects framework for structures and sub flooring.
Essential Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
• Demonstrated industrial maintenance history experience
• Expected to have the carpentry experience in a maintenance environment
• Good reading comprehension
• Ability to work with others – team player
• Good communication skills with co-workers and supervisors
• Commitment to Zachry values and safety rules and regulations
• Must know how to read blueprints, schematic drawings and engineering specifications
• Must understand how to read and interpret technical manuals in order to determine work procedures
• Must have experience using industrial hand tools and power tools
• Must have Journeyman Carpenter tools
• Minimum 3-5 years industrial maintenance experience required
• Must have reliable transportation and be flexible to work as needed
Valued but not required skills, knowledge, and abilities:
• Former Zachry employee
• Formal education/degree/certificate in construction, technical or trade school such as NCCER Carpenter Certification
• TWIC Required
Physical demands and work environment:
• Physical demands: Employee will be required to adhere to large amounts of standing, walking, bending, squatting and lifting. Will talk and hear to communicate. Will use arms and hands to signal, grab, hold, turn, push, and pull: objects, materials, controls and tools. May be required to lift, carry and move up to 25lbs. Will occasionally work at heights, climb ladders and stairways and work off of platforms. Will use vision abilities to focus, see short and long distances, colors, depth perception and peripheral vision. Will be required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) including but not limited to: hard hat, safety glasses/goggles, ear plugs/muffs, masks/respirators, safety vests, gloves and steel-toe boots.
• Work environment: Will work in all weather conditions ranging from warm/hot – cool/cold. Occasional rain. Will work at different elevations. Noise levels will be moderate to high. Job site will contain light to heavy equipment vehicles, small to large equipment, materials, communication equipment and tools. People standing, walking, sitting, signaling and talking. Bells, whistles and alarms.
ZACHRY is dedicated in providing a Safe and Drug Free work environment; and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.