ZACHRY is currently accepting applications for Carpenter
*NOTICE* This is an open EVERGREEN to accept applications. We currently do not have a position available at Chevron Pascagoula Refinery. Applications submitted to this evergreen are for companywide overview.
Major Roles and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Journeyman Industrial Form Carpenters will construct, erect, install and repair structures and fixtures made of wood, plywood and metal.
- Must be able to read and interpret prints, drawings and plans.
- Required to have all Carpentry hand tools and be experienced with related power tools.
- Will use hand and power tools to layout, measure, mark, cut and arrange material.
- Will assemble and prepare forms for pouring concrete.
- Must have experience rigging forms and related material.
- Required to know all crane/rigging hand signals.
- Must be able to meet all physical demands and pre-employment conditions.
- Must be able to work at heights and be able to climb ladders and stairways and work off of platforms.
- Must have reliable transportation and be able to work 7 days a week as needed.
- Minimum of 4-5 years’ experience required.
- Required to adhere to all safety rules and regulations.
- REQUIRED TO WEAR STEEL TOE-LACE UP-LEATHER BOOTS.
- MUST PASS PRE-EMPLOYMENT & DRUG SCREEN.
- MUST PASS SITE ORIENTATION, CHEVRON ORIENTATION, & SAFETY COUNCIL.
- Zachry ROF’ed employee.
- Former Zachry Employee.
- NCCER Certification as an Industrial Carpenter
- Employee will be required to adhere to large amounts of standing, walking, bending, squatting and lifting.
- Will talk and hear to communicate.
- Must have good dexterity with hands and fingers to perform the precision adjustments of machinery parts and controls.
- Will use arms and hands to signal, grab, hold, turn, push, and pull: objects, materials, controls and tools.
- May be required to lift, carry and move up to 50lbs.
- Will work at heights, climb ladders and stairways and work off of platforms. Will work at heights up to 300’ utilizing proper fall protection.
- Will use vision abilities to focus, see short and long distances, colors, depth perception and peripheral vision.
- Must be capable of working outside in the elements including but not limited to the heat, cold, rain, snow and wind; and must be able to work for long period of times up to 12 hours a day.
- Will be required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) including but not limited to: hard hat, safety glasses/goggles, ear plugs/muffs, masks/respirators, safety vests, gloves and steel-toe boots.
ZACHRY is dedicated in providing a Safe and Drug Free work environment; and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.