MULESHOE, TX 79347 - US
ZACHRY is currently seeking accepting applications for Carpenters for work in Amarillo & Muleshoe, TX
- Industrial Carpenters will construct, dismantle and repair wooden and metal objects and/or concrete forms.
· Read blueprints and specification to determine the scope of work: locations, quantities, and sizes of materials required.
· Identify all tools required for tasks.
· Identify safety risks and the precautions required to eliminate those risks.
· Measure, mark, and cut required wooden/metallic materials to required specifications.
· Construct, re-enforce, and dismantle pre-constructed concrete forms.
· Build and construct wooden forms.
· Work on miscellaneous construction projects such as but not limited to building decks and steps, building bulletin boards, and building any additional wooden structures.
· Clean up work areas.
· Other duties as assigned
-MUST NOT BE AFRAID OF HEIGHTS
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
· Must have 4+ years working as a carpenter or carpenter helper on an industrial construction project.
· Must be able to read blue prints, plans, sketches, or building plans and drawings proficiently to perform duties.
· Must have knowledge on materials, tools, and processes involved with basic building techniques and form construction.
· Must be able to computer basic arithmetic functions.
· Must have reliable transportation.
· Must be able to work full work schedule and any additional overtime with little to no notification.
· Must be willing to work safely and follow all safety rules and regulations.
· Must follow all company and site rules and regulations.
· Must have required tools.
Valued but not required skills, knowledge, and abilities:
· Former Zachry employee
· Minimum 2 years industrial Experience
· Training in vocational schools or related on the job experience.
· National Center for Construction Education and Research’s (NCCER) certification for Industrial Journeyman Carpenter.
· Experience working with concrete and rebar
Reporting to this position: No direct reports; however the position will work closely with and oversee on occasion of helper and labor positions. The position will hold a positional and expertise authority of the helper and laborer positions.
Physical demands and work environment:
· Physical demands: Employee will be required to adhere to large amounts of standing, walking, bending, squatting and lifting. Will talk and hear to communicate. Will use arms and hands to signal, grab, hold, turn, push, pull: objects, materials, controls and tools. Give full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand directions. May be required to lift, carry and move objects safely. Will occasionally work at heights, climb ladders and stairways and work off of platforms. Will use vision abilities to focus, see short and long distances, colors, depth perception and peripheral vision. Will be required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) including but not limited to: hard hat, safety glasses/goggles, ear plugs/muffs, masks/respirators, safety vests, gloves and steel-toe boots.
· Work environment: Will work in all weather conditions ranging from warm/hot – cool/cold. Occasional rain. Will work at different elevations. Noise levels will be moderate to high. Job site will contain light to heavy equipment vehicles, small to large equipment, materials, communication equipment and tools. People standing, walking, sitting, signaling and talking. Bells, whistles and alarms.