FREEPORT, TX 77541 - US
ZACHRY is currently seeking an experienced Industrial Boilermaker with 4-5 years of Tower Experience for a Maintenance position at the BASF Plant in Freeport, TX
Position Summary: Provides maintenance services, installs, repairs and inspects all boiler components along with working exchangers. With the ability work within tower to identify repair & replace components. In industrial plants and/or industrial settings in order to keep them in good working order.
· Familiar with tower internals, tray’s, down comers, weir, different types of fasteners, tray valves and how to properly disassemble and re-assemble.
· Assembles, analyzes defects, and repairs boilers, pressure vessels, tanks, and vats in the field, following blueprints and using hand tools.
· Attaches rigging, signals crane operator to lift part to specified position.
· Assembles boiler frame, tanks using plumb bobs, levels, wedges, and dogs.
· Aligns water tubes and connectors and expands ends to drums and headers, using tube expanders.
· Bolt up piping valve and equipment
· Shaking out tower internals
· Install all types of Trays & packing
· Flange torque procedures
· Layout and fit internal support rings and bars
· Assists in testing assembled vessel.
· Repairs boilers or tanks in the field.
Essential Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
· Strong focus on QC tower internal work ensuring no missing hardware prior closure and importantly no loose hardware that would lock up the pumps.
· Read & understand tower drawings
· Demonstrated industrial maintenance history experience
· Expected to have the boiler experience in a maintenance environment
· Knowledge of industrial machinery and equipment
· Good reading comprehension
· Ability to work with others – team player
· Good communication skills with co-workers and supervisors
· Commitment to Zachry values and safety rules and regulations
· Must have experience with equipment maintenance
· Must know how to read blueprints, schematic drawings and engineering specifications
· Must understand how to read and interpret technical manuals in order to determine work procedures
· Must have experience using industrial hand tools and power tools
· Must have Journeyman Boilermaker tools
· Minimum 5-7 years industrial maintenance experience required
· Must have reliable transportation and be flexible to work as needed
· Strong Focus on Safety & Quality Performance
· Attention to detail & problem solving
Valued but not required skills , knowledge, and abilities:
• Former Zachry employee
• Formal education/degree/certificate in construction, technical or trade school such as NCCER Boilermaker Certification
• TWIC Card
Reporting to this position: No direct reports
Physical demands and work environment:
• Physical demands: Employee will be required to adhere to large amounts of standing, walking, bending, squatting and lifting. Will be required to enter tight confine space for tower work. Will talk and hear to communicate. Will use arms and hands to signal, grab, hold, turn, push, pull: objects, materials, controls and tools. May be required to lift, carry and move up to 45 lbs. Will occasionally work at heights, climb ladders and stairways and work off platforms. Will use vision abilities to focus, see short and long distances, colors, depth perception and peripheral vision. Will be required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) including but not limited to: hard hat, safety glasses/goggles, ear plugs/muffs, masks/respirators, safety vests, gloves and steel-toe boots. Ability to work long hours.
• Work environment: Will work in all weather conditions ranging from warm/hot – cool/cold. Occasional rain. Will work at different elevations. Noise levels will be moderate to high. Job site will contain light to heavy equipment vehicles, small to large equipment, materials, communication equipment and tools. People standing, walking, sitting, signaling and talking. Bells, whistles and alarms
3 BASF SITE SPECIFIC CLASSES
PULMANARY FUNCTION TEST
HALF MASK 3M 6,000 SERIES
FULL FACE MASK SCOTT AV 2,000