Banquet Server (Contract)- As needed basis
Corporate Headquarters - San Antonio, TX
Zachry Group is currently seeking a Banquet Server (contract) at our Corporate Headquarters located in San Antonio, TX on an as needed basis.
- Responsible for the setup, facilitation, and break down of all items related to the daily banquet foodservices.
- Set buffets with the proper linen, chafing dishes, utensils, garnishes, clean plates, and clean flatware.
- Set up all drink stations with the specified beverages, glassware, condiments, and trash bins
- Breaks down, cleans, and stores all equipment, china, flatware, and serving utensils in the proper location.
- Clean and sanitize all work surfaces in the conference center kitchen, including floor sweeping/mopping, removal of trash, and the transfer of all soiled linens to the kitchen.
- Takes direction from management and fulfills the delegated tasks to the specified quality in a timely manner.
- Be the face of Zachry and embody the core values of the organization in every interaction with customers.
- Provide a high level of customer service to all guests both internal and external.
- Communicate all guest concerns or complaints with the Catering Chef and/or Banquet Captain and fulfill their needs to the utmost
- Arrive in the kitchen area, at the specified time, in the correct uniform ready to work.
- Provide reasonable notice to both Zachry culinary management and temp agency if you will not be able to work a shift that you had confirmed for.
- Must have experience in and knowledge of methods and procedures relating to FOH banquet setup.
- Ability to work quickly and complete delegated tasks within the set time frame.
- Ability to understand and apply oral and written instructions given by management, in English.
- Work efficiently while prioritizing safe work practices.
- Ability to thrive in a team-working environment.
- Great interpersonal skills and Customer Service.
Employee will be required to communicate in person, via telephone, use of arm/hand steadiness, manual dexterity, finger dexterity, multi limb coordination, oral expression, and comprehension. May be required to lift, carry, and move objects up to 50 lbs. safely. Must be able to continuously stand, walk, stoop, reach, push, pull, and bend for long periods of time.
Will work in a general kitchen environment. Capable of operating and functioning in a fast-paced work environment. Must possess a vision (corrected or uncorrected) that allows for clear visibility from a distance of 20 inches or less.
The above description covers the fundamental responsibilities of the Banquet Server (Contract) position. It shall not be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental, or similar duties that may be required from day-to-day.
Zachry Group is dedicated in providing a Safe and Drug Free work environment; and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.