Banquet Captain (Contract)- As needed basis
Corporate Headquarters - San Antonio, TX
Zachry Group is currently accepting applications for a Banquet Captain (Contract) at our Corporate Headquarters located in San Antonio, TX on an as needed basis . The successful incumbent will work with the Executive Sous Chef and Culinary Services Manager by assisting with the setup of buffets, dinner services, delivery of food and beverages to meeting rooms, and the supervision of all contract employees necessary for events.
- Supervises the banquet staff and helps in their duties to set up, facilitate, and break down all equipment and small-wares for each event.
- Sets up all buffets appropriately using clean equipment, linen, and utensils
- Assures all food is held at a proper temperature during the service period.
- Sets buffets in the proper order as specified by Catering Chef.
- Maintains effective guest relations and attends to the needs of all clients internal and external during daily events.
- Recognizes and resolves guest complaints and concerns.
- Supervises and participates in event set up and break down procedures.
- Assures cleanliness and organization of facility and/or event location.
- Performs special projects delegated by Catering Chef.
- Stays in active communication with event hosts to communicate any changes or updates on function developments to facilities and the Catering Chef or Culinary Services Manager.
- Assists the Executive Sous Chef when necessary with light culinary tasks and cooking.
- Arrives in proper uniform, and assures that all temp servers maintain the integrity of the mandated uniform throughout the day.
- Be the face of Zachry Foodservice at our functions, reflecting our commitment to quality, customer service, and safety.
- 1-2 years of experience as a banquet captain or supervisor
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as Banquet Event Orders, cleaning lists, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to read and interpret retail product labeling. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or associates of organization.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Fluent in English language, both spoken and written
- 3 years of experience as a banquet captain
- Great interpersonal skills and Customer Service
- Ability to thrive in a team-working environment
Employee will be required to communicate in person, via telephone, use of arm/hand steadiness, manual dexterity, finger dexterity, multi limb coordination, oral expression, and comprehension. May be required to lift, carry, and move objects up to 50 lbs. safely. Must be able to continuously stand, walk, stoop, reach, push, pull, and bend for long periods of time.
Will work in a general kitchen environment. Capable of operating and functioning in a fast-paced work environment. Must possess a vision (corrected or uncorrected) that allows for clear visibility from a distance of 20 inches or less.
The above description covers the fundamental responsibilities of the Banquet Captain (Contract) position. It shall not be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental, or similar duties that may be required from day-to-day.
Zachry Group is dedicated in providing a Safe and Drug Free work environment; and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.